How users can update Global Option Sets without System Admin Privileges.
Users must be assigned a Security Role to enable them to navigate to Settings > Customise the System or Solutions.
2. Steps to Implement
User with system administrator role must perform the below steps.
- Navigate to Settings > Security
2. Add the below four permissions to an existing or new Security Role assigned to the User or to a Team of which they are a Member.
3. Open a Solution and then select and edit a Global Option Set.
4. Add the four permissions to an existing or new Security Role and assign to the User or to a Team of which they are a Member.
1. A User with standard security role such as Sales Person Security Role might not initially have the sufficient privileges to view the solutions and drill into the Customizations section except for viewing the Developer Resources page.
2. On adding the correct permissions, users will now be able to view the solutions
3. User will be able to add, rename the existing option set values.
4. User do not need to publish their changes as the changes are available to all user as soon as its saved and/or deployed.
1. Users should be trained not to delete option set values
2. Users should also be instructed not to change the option value of option set
3. System Customizer or System Administrator should create a solution that contains only the Global Option Sets and users should be trained to make changes using this solution only. They should refrain from using the default solution.
4. A publisher with a unique prefix, other apart from the prefix used by business, should be associated with the solution which is created to update global option sets. This was the new options added to the option set by the User will not conflict with those added to the same Global Option Set by a business or third party.