Dynamics 365 Custom Control Framework
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement introduces an outstanding feature Custom Control Framework (CCF) which has the capacity to create, or utilize existing controls, that give better approaches for both imagining and altering form data.
The Custom Controls Framework enables user to design controls which enables rendering of form components such as Fields on Form. Custom controls will be synchronously acting on data - on form load, and on update.
This feature has not been officially published by Microsoft and so at this stage it is for educational purpose only.
Let’s see how it looks
Custom controls Framework must be configured on "Interactive Experience" form
Steps to implement
1. Add field on form and go to Field properties
2. On Controls tab, click “Add Control”
3. Select a control from the dropdown.
Note: Controls may vary depending on field type
In the below example, a whole number field is used
4. By default, the new control will not be added to any of the interfaces.
So, select the control for the required interfaces
5. Fill in all the required(*) properties.
6. Set static values
7. Alternatively, Set values by binding to a field value on form
8. Save and publish the form once all controls are added
9. Change app to customer service app
9. Open entity and check the field